Monday, December 02, 2013

Whale Sharks by Adam

Hello, this is Adam again. In this blog I will be telling you about my adventure with the Whale Sharks.

Over the past week I have found a bunch of friends who came down on their sailboats and the Baja Ha Ha. Their names are Big Ben, Little Ben, Easton, Nate, Kaylie and Sam, who is a three year old.


So yesterday Little Ben, his big brother Max and sister Sam invited everyone over to their boat Appa (named after the flying bison on the Avatar TV program) to go sailing with the whale sharks.

When we got to the whale sharks we all jumped in.  The water felt warmer than a hot tub!


Three times we all jumped into the water trying to get to the sharks, they were fast!  The third time the whale shark we were chasing was circling.  I swam in front of it and it got so close I could touch it! It was huge and it felt like sand paper. Right after that a tour guide shouted "Don't touch it" but other people did anyways.







After the whale sharks, the captain tied a rope to the mast and we swung off the boat into the water until the sailboat started heading for shallow water.  Then we got dragged behind the boat on the boats fenders (bumpers) and then saw a turtle on the way back.  What a day!



I miss everyone, no matter if you are kin or friend. Bye.



8 comments:

Paul Russo said...


Hi Adam. I am so jealous. Whale Sharks are the most amazing creatures and you got to swim with them! Sure beats playing a video game. I had a great time with you during the first part of your voyage. You are a lucky guy!

Paul

Joanne Garcia said...

Adam- That is what I call an AMAZING adventure. Also I'm really glad you hooked up with some some friends.
Keep posting,
Aunt Joanne and Uncle John

Unknown said...

Adam, How cool was that? I've seen those whale sharks on the Discovery Channel. They are huge!
Glad you have some friends there.
Aunt Shari

Unknown said...

Well Adam I guess you could fit in the mouth of that whale shark, that had to be a little scary! Keep all those great pictures coming Adam!
Uncle Rod

Unknown said...

WOW!!!!! You are so lucky! Keep the stories coming.
Uncle John

Unknown said...

Dear Adam,
It's me Ethan, and I think your trip sounds like fun and I want to be on the trip with you. I wish you had me on the trip.
Your Friend,
Ethan Martin

Unknown said...

Dear Adam,
Hi, its Ethan again just to say Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and your family.
Your Friend,
Ethan
P.S. PEACE!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Randy, Nancy, Adam & Ally (who we assume joined you for her winter break)!! We've been following you on your blog and guess you're having too much fun since there haven't been any new posts since 12/22. "The boys"(Tyler, etc.) are celebrating Michael's 21st BD today.
From: Richard, Phyllis ....& Michael??